AIMS Composites is a leader in the support of onshore utilities and refining, offshore oil & gas and maritime industries with their expertise in engineering design, fabrication and installation of fiberglass structures (FRP), marine bumper systems and other custom engineered products. Designing and constructing corrosion-resistant, lightweight and maintenance-free structures is key to meeting the needs of the deep water offshore and onshore refining industries. Platforms, stairs, ladders, handrails and other structures that are conventionally built in steel can be constructed by AIMS in FIBERGLASS.
Want to see what's really going on at AIMS Composites?! Just watch the video above! Rely on AIMS Composites, rely on experience!
AIMS Composites: Structural Engineering & FRP Specialists
This video demonstrates the energy absorption qualities of FRP grating as compared to steel products. FRP will not require replacement after the impact test whereas, the steel becomes a significant tripping hazard after an impact. Hazards like this will cause downtime in a facility costing time and money.
As leaders in the FRP industry, AIMS Composites is dedicated to customer service and support of all market sectors through continuous engineering advancements and product development.
AIMS MASH TL-4 Stainless Steel Reinforced FRP Guardrail System is a proprietary system that is a strong durable rail which is non-corrosive, non-conductive, and lasts longer than it's steel counterparts. It is the first MASH TL-4 certified retrofit bridge rail system of it's kind. The Life Rail is perfect for bridges as it is more flexible than normal steel which helps lessen the impact of accidents and potentially save lives. AIMS International always stands behind it's products; in over 35 years working with companies such as Chevron, Shell, BP, Hess, Marathon and more, AIMS has never had a warranty claim or any failure of our products. Lastly, the Stainless Steel Reinforced Polymer used in the Life Rail is designed to be durable, strong, and survive in harsh environments, where it will outlast normal steel.
- 1984: Became a distributor of Teledyne Monarch Rubber, a major manufacturer of platform rendering systems to the offshore oil and gas industry
- 1988: Began engineering, fabricating, and installing structures using pultruded fiberglass structural shapes
- 1989: Supplied first vortex strakes in the Gulf of Mexico
- 1992: Acquired fendering product line from Teledyne Monarch, moving production to Houston, TX
- 1997: Began providing subsea insulation services for the deep-water oil and gas industry
- 2000: Joined partnership in establishing Delta Composites, LLC, a fiberglass grating manufacturer and structural fabricator
- 2002: Began extensive full-scale hydrodynamic testing program on the vortex strakes product line, and began the development of the U-shaped fairing, ultimately to be known as the ADFS (AIMS Dual-finned Flow Splitter), now patented
- 2002: Began the product development program that led to the ROV-Installable strakes and fairings
- 2004: Became a major player in VIV suppression in the offshore oil and gas industry with the award of the Mardi Gras Pipeline System Vortex Strakes—a project utilizing the ROV-deployable vortex strakes
- 2006: Finalized design and obtained full-scale testing on the ADFS
- 2006: Acquired ISO 9001:2015 certification
- 2012: Acquired full ownership of Delta Composites, LLC
- 2012-2015: Tripled the revenue stream into the AIMS/Delta family
- 2020+: AIMS International changed name to AIMS Composites. The future for AIMS is promising as a growing player in the VIV suppression industry. AIMS will never turn its back on the product lines that brought it to where it is today, but diversification is key to continued growth
Want to see what's really going on at AIMS Composites?! Just watch the video above! In this video we test our AIMS TL3 Non Conductive Fence! Rely on AIMS Composites, rely on experience!
MASH TL4 crash testing of the AIMS Internation FRP (fiberglass) retrofit bridge rail. Rely on AIMS Composites, rely on experience!