Job Title: Estimator and Assistant Project Manager
Department: Engineering and Project Management
Reports To: Structural Engineer and Manager of Sales/Project Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Prepared By: Mikael W. Smith and Blake R. Masters
Prepared Date: October 11, 2011
Approved By: Rodney H. Masters, P.E.
Approved Date: October 11, 2011
Individual coordinates with sales, customer contacts and design staff; prepare estimates of cost, time and other details associated with production and delivery of products; prepares Bills of Materials (BOM’s) and custom orders; uses database and supplier information to assure detail; prepares production schedules, performs “to spec” Q&A.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Incumbent oversees the development of the construction drawings, purchasing of materials of construction, oversees the fabrication, and if necessary, the installation.
- Incumbent receives initial bid requests, and log into tracking system and prepares estimates by interfacing with customers requesting information regarding an in-house projects or quotations.
- Incumbent uses Cost Basis Estimate for estimating and project documents.
- Incumbent is to order all job related materials, expedite as needed, coordinates deliveries to augment the completion of projects to satisfy customer driven delivery requirements. Incumbent ensures that all orders are properly placed, confirmed and entered through proper accounting procedures.
- Incumbent coordinates with Production Supervisor to ensure projects progress on schedule and within prescribed budget.
The candidate should possess the ability to understand and calculate, using whatever means necessary. Prior engineering/estimating work experience is a plus, but not necessary. The candidate must be a team player, and must have a positive, “can do” attitude. The candidate must have good organizational skills and must be able to work simultaneously on several projects.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
B.S. in Engineering Technology, Civil Engineering, Structural Engineering, or Ocean Engineering is a plus, but not required.
English is required. However, AIMS conducts business around the world, so proficiency in other languages is a plus, but not required.
The candidate should be able to speak with confidence to small groups of people.
All required math requirements for graduation.
Light to moderate physical demands will be encountered when travelling offshore or into the field. The candidate should be able to easily handle 75 pounds of bulk weight, and must be able to hold your body weight while swinging on a rope.
The work environment at AIMS does move at a fast pace. It is casual, yet professional.