Accountant & Admin Assitant
Job Title: Accounting/Admin Assistant
Reports To: Administrative Assistant/Human Resource Manager
FLSA Status: Hourly, Non-Exempt
Wage Range: $10.00 to $13.00
Prepared By: R. W. Masters, Janice Smart
Prepared Date: February 8, 2008
Approved By: R. W. Masters
Approved Date: February 8, 2008
Obtains financial data for use in maintaining accounting records by performing the following duties. This job function will require extreme discretion and absolute protection of confidential and proprietary information. The incumbent must be a TEAM player and be willing to help others without being told to do so. Incumbent must be self starting and be able to perform duties without constant oversight and supervision. Reliability, promptness and a positive attitude with other staff members and customers is essential. Work hours are scheduled 7:30 to 4:30. Overtime is occasionally required and must have advance approval. Tardiness and absenteeism cannot be accepted. Incumbent must have valid Texas Drivers license and have reliable transportation to and from work. Incumbent might be required to drive to and from the bank to make deposits and conduct normal business banking activities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Incumbent must read and route all incoming mail. Incumbent locates and attaches appropriate file to correspondence to be answered by employer. Incumbent prepares outgoing mail to include placement of postage, delivering to post office as needed. Incumbent must check all employee out boxes and distribute mail, messages or perform directed action.
- Incumbent may help copy and assemble assorted company brochures and quality manuals and employee handbooks general supply.
- Incumbent files correspondence and other records.
- Incumbent maintains Lotus Approach database containing Material Safety Data Sheets and assures that copies get into binders kept at both AIMS’ locations.
- Incumbent must check fax machine on arrival each morning and regularly throughout the day and prior to leaving each evening. Incumbent must distribute original to addressee.
- Incumbent is responsible for monitoring stock of office and break supplies. Incumbent must prepare purchase orders for needed replacement, obtain approval from management, place order with purchasing. Upon delivery, incumbent is to distribute and restock supplies. This function is responsible for monitoring the consumption of supplies and assisting management with cost conservation.
- Incumbent is responsible for ordering of all AIMS printed materials, such as letterhead, NCR forms, etc.
- Incumbent maintains diary file and assist Accounting Supervisor with A/P and A/R filing.
- Incumbent writes or types purchase orders through purchase order module for job-related or inventory related orders and sends copy to supplier and department originating request for inventory related orders. (Requestor does this for job-related orders). These purchase orders also must be entered into MAS200 accounting system.
- Incumbent is to seek out opportunities to “unload” other persons from administrative or clerical details.
- Incumbent performs special assigned projects as directed by officers of the company as well as fills-in for shortages due to absences or work demands.
- Relating to inventory issues:
- Incumbent must print and process inventory worksheets for monthly physical inventory count by shop personnel and input daily material hardware transfers.
- Incumbent assists in the preparation of reports such as inventory balance, price lists, etc.
- Relating to purchasing issues:
- Incumbent verifies invoices from suppliers against purchase orders.
- Relating to accounts receivable issues:
- Incumbent assists with related special projects, as required.
- Relating to Administrative Support of Sales & Estimating Departments:
- Incumbent performs special assigned projects as directed by supervisors of the company. Word Process related and general correspondence.
- Relating to payroll issues:
- Incumbent assists with related special projects, as required.
- Relating to Human Resource:
- Incumbent must serve as back up as needed to Receptionist/Collections Assistant.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Incumbent must have the ability to read and interpret documents such as invoices, material transfers, purchase orders, software documentation, operating and procedural instructions, and other business manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Incumbent needs the ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Proficiency in the following software packages is essential:
- MicroSoft Word for Windows
- MicroSoft Excel
- Accounting software such as MAS-200.
Incumbent must have the ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, ratios, totals etc. that relate to the general accounting function. Incumbent must have the ability to apply concepts of income statements and balance sheets to business operations is essential.
Incumbent must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Incumbent must have the ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.